Zippy Chicken Enchiladas
“Leftover chicken gets an awesome makeover in this rich and creamy casserole. This colourful dish is loaded with flavour. It’s a nice change of pace from beef enchiladas.” —Julie Moutray, Wichita, Kansas
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 can refried beans 16 ounces
- 10 flour tortillas warmed, 8 inches
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted, 10-3/4 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups to 4cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese divided
- 1 can enchilada sauce 15 ounces
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup Sliced ripe olives
- shredded lettuce optional
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Combine soup and sour cream; stir in chicken. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with the onions, olives and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for about 35 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, sprinkle lettuce around enchiladas if desired.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in centre to read 165°.
1 each: 487 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1001mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fibre), 29g protein.