Zucchini-Carrot Crustless Quiche
Carrots are super-rich in the disease-fighting antioxidant beta-carotene, which your body uses to make vitamin A.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 medium carrots peeled, grated and dried
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp dill chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat 8-inch square or round baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion. Sauté until slightly softened, 3 minutes. Add zucchini. Increase heat to medium-high and sauté until zucchini is soft and all liquid has evaporated, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add carrots, zucchini, cheese, and dill. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake until quiche is just set in center, 45 minutes. Transfer to wire rack. Let cool at least 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.