5 Tips for Buying from Catalogues & Online
Some people love shopping, but for others it’s a chore. If you’re in the latter group, you’ll be happy to find out how you can save time on most of your essential shopping.
- 1. Shop online or using a mail-order catalogue. It’s convenient and saves wasting time getting to a shop, finding a parking space and being jostled in queues. All together, that adds up to much less stress and more time to spend doing something enjoyable. And the good news is that you can buy anything from fruit and vegetables to clothes and fishing gear, almost anywhere in the world.
- 2. Choose products carefully, as returning goods via the postal system isn’t a timesaving exercise – you may end up getting stuck in those queues you so cleverly avoided in the first place! Study the description of the product on offer and its photo very closely, to avoid unpleasant surprises when the goods are delivered.
- 3. If you’re buying clothing from an overseas mail-order company, take the time to look at comparable clothing size charts on the web site (most companies provide them), to avoid getting confused with the differences between sizing systems. The same goes for shoe sizes.
- 4. Ordering from mail-order catalogues means that once you receive the package you usually have a few days in which to return the goods (often at your cost, but check the return conditions before you buy), without having to provide any reason.
- 5. Return any deliveries – at the sender’s expense – if they don’t match your order. Most mail-order companies have a standard form that you fill in and return with the products.