Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site.
Use of Content
This Site Does Not Provide Medical Advice or Other Professional Advice
Certain pages of this Site relate to the topic of health. The Content of these pages, and all pages of the Site, are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Site. If you think you may have a medical emergency, seek appropriate help such as calling your doctor or 911 immediately. Reader’s Digest does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. Reliance on any information provided by Reader’s Digest, its licensors, others appearing on the Site or other visitors to the Site is solely at your own risk.
The Site may contain health or medically-related materials that you find sexually explicit or otherwise offensive. Reader’s Digest, its licensors and its suppliers have no control over and accept no responsibility for such materials. You are solely responsible for compliance with the laws applicable to your country of residence.
Limitation on Liability of Reader’s Digest and Its Licensors
When using the Site, information will be transmitted using a medium that is beyond the control and jurisdiction of Reader’s Digest and its suppliers. Accordingly, Reader’s Digest assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this Site.
This Site and the Content are provided on an “AS IS” basis. READER’S DIGEST AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. READER’S DIGEST, ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE, OR ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR CURRENT.
It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material on this Site or any Web site with which it is linked. Price information and promotions are subject to change without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, Reader’s Digest and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of this Site or related material from Reader’s Digest.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on any products (e.g. prescription drugs) with regard to the Content contained on this Site.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you.
By voluntarily submitting information, communications, or content (including photos, videos, personal stories, anecdotes and jokes) (each, a “Submitted Item”) to this Site and/or Communities (as defined below), you agree that such submissions are non-confidential for all purposes and you grant The Reader’s Digest Association, The Reader’s Digest Magazines Canada Limited and its affiliates (“Reader’s Digest”) an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sublicensable, right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, modify, adapt, make derivative works of, sublicense and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your Submitted Items and all copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film or electronic storage devices), without compensation of any kind to you or any third party, subject to such other terms and conditions as Reader’s Digest may specify for particular submissions. The submission of any Submitted Item in no way creates any obligation or duty on the part of Reader’s Digest to post or use such Submitted Item or, if we do so, to give you credit. Medical information that you submit in the process of registering with this Site will be kept confidential.
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringe or violate any rights of any party. It is the policy of Reader’s Digest not to permit materials known by Reader’s Digest to be infringing to remain on the Site. You should notify Reader’s Digest promptly if you believe any materials on the Site, including advertisements, or materials available on or through links, frames, indexes and directories linked to this Site, infringe a third party copyright. Upon Reader’s Digest’s receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under relevant laws, Reader’s Digest will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the law to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content at issue.
To provide notice of claimed copyright infringement only:
Me B. Robins
Legal and Regulatory Affairs
The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC..
1100 René-Lévesque Blvd. West
Canada H3B 5H5
Email: barbara[email protected]
It is the policy of Reader’s Digest to terminate its contractual relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
The Online Communities
Reader’s Digest is happy to introduce within the Site various online communities, such as bulletin boards, mail lists, comments, ratings, chat rooms/events or other public forums (collectively, the “Communities”). The Communities are a service intended to provide you with forums for the free-flowing exchange of information and opinions. With your help, the Communities can be an informative experience for all. Reader’s Digest encourages your participation but asks you to remember that you are responsible for the content of messages you post. Reader’s Digest does not and cannot review every message posted (but reserves the right to do so).
- You are 13 years or older to participate.
- You agree to respect the opinions and feelings of others.
- The information you submit to the Communities shall not be deemed confidential, and shall be publicly available to third parties. You agree not to reveal any private information, including but not limited to health, financial and personally identifiable information, if you do not wish this information to be published. Furthermore, you agree not to reveal the health or other private information of third parties without their knowledge and consent.
- Content available through the Communities is provided “AS IS,” and you are solely responsible for your reliance on and use of such content. Reader’s Digest is not responsible for the consequences of any communications made through the Communities. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should take appropriate action such as contacting your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
- You agree not to upload to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Communities any content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, slanderous, threatening, harassing, hateful, abusive, embarrassing to any other person or entity, or that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You agree not to use the Communities for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws or regulations.
- You agree not to upload to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Communities any content that violates or infringes the copyright, trademark, or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party.
- The Communities may be used only for non-commercial purposes. You agree not to, without the express approval of Reader’s Digest, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- You shall remain solely responsible for the content of messages you post. Reader’s Digest does not and cannot review every message posted in the Communities, and is not responsible for the content of these messages.
- All messages, information or other materials submitted to the Communities are non-confidential for all purposes at the time they are posted. Such messages, information or other materials posted to the Communities are subject to use by Reader’s Digest and its licensees in any medium (now in existence or hereafter developed), for any purpose, in perpetuity without further notice or any compensation of any kind to you or any third party. The submission of such materials in no way creates any obligation or duty on the part of Reader’s Digest to post or use such materials, or to give you any credit.
- You agree not to post chain letters or pyramid schemes; impersonate another person or allow another person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments; distribute viruses or other harmful computer code; harvest or otherwise collect information about others (including email addresses) without their consent; or post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or post comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free form), or otherwise engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Communities or the Site, or which, in the judgment of Reader’s Digest, exposes Reader’s Digest or any of its affiliates, licensors, licensees, customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
- Reader’s Digest reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue submitted through the Communities.
- Delete, move or edit communications that are determined, in the sole discretion of Reader’s Digest, to be abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, otherwise illegal, disruptive, or otherwise unacceptable for any reason.
- Monitor, edit or disclose any communication posted in the Communities.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted in the Communities or anywhere on this Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
Reader’s Digest reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests or the public. Reader’s Digest has no liability or responsibility to users of this Site or the Communities or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Advertisements And Links To Other Sites
Reader’s Digest is based in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Reader’s Digest makes no claim that the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of Canada. Access to and contact or input to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside of Canada, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
You expressly agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with Reader’s Digest, or in any way relating to your use of the Site, resides in the courts of Canada and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of Canada in connection with any such dispute, including any claim involving Reader’s Digest and/or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
Apple App Store Additional Terms and Conditions
The following additional terms and conditions apply to you if you are using an App from the Apple App Store. To the extent the other terms and conditions of this Agreement are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of this Section, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in this Section apply, but solely with respect to Apps from the Apple App Store.
- Scope of License: The license granted to you for each App is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App on an iOS Product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service.
- Warranty: TMBI and RDM are solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of any App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to such App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be TMBI’s sole responsibility.
- Product Claims: TMBI and RDM and you acknowledge that TMBI and RDM, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to any App or your possession and/or use of any App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that any App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. This provision does not limit TMBI’s, RDM’s AND RDAC’s liability to you beyond what is permitted by applicable law.
- Intellectual Property Rights: TMBI and RDM and you acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that any App or your possession and use of any App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, TMBI and RDM, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Developer Name and Address: TMBI’s contact information for any end-user questions, complaints or claims with respect to any App is Trusted Media Brands, Inc., 750 3rd Ave 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10017, attn: rd.com or go to our Customer Care. The Reader’s Digest Magazines Canada Limited contact information for any end-user questions, complaints or claims with respect to any App is 1100 René-Lévesque West, Montréal, QC, H3B 5H5, attn : rd.ca or go to our Customer Care.
- Third Party Terms of Agreement: You must comply with any applicable third party terms of agreement when using any App.
© 2020, The Reader’s Digest Magazines Canada Limited – © 2020, The Reader’s Digest Association (Canada) ULC – All rights reserved.